Monday, March 12, 2012

5, 4, 3, 2, 1...

Happy Monday! I hope you had a wonderful weekend. I was in Washington, D.C. last week for work and had a whirl-wind week. I got to see my boss and her husband for the first time in ~7 years (we live across the country from each other). It was a great reunion of sorts to see several of the people I used to work with. The meeting was the start of my busiest time of year for work, but now I will procrastinate...

I've been so bad about updating my blog and making my blog rounds, and this week, I'm going to try and post every day (at least try!). I have dozens of cards and projects I haven't shared, and so I thought I would start with a gift bag that was in the Paper Crafts magazine's Jan./Feb. issue:

Birthday Countdown Giftbag


This bag has die cutting, coloring, fussy cutting, and masking--whew! The little astronaut, the star, and the countdown numbers are from Technique Tuesday. I masked the numbers (it's a continuous row of numbers) to fit the sketch. 

Thanks for looking! Have a wonderful day!!


Here are the details:
Cardstock: Bazzill
Patterned Paper (Rocket Age) October Afternoon
Clear Stamps: (Out of This World) Technique Tuesday; ("happy birthday" from Bake Me a Cake) Lawn Fawn
Dye Ink: (Tuxedo Black) Tsukineko
Markers: Copics
Sticker: (moon from Rocket Age collection) October Afternoon

16 comments:

  1. This is so cute! Congrats on getting this project published!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just so fun...I so love your style of crafting...it is so fun and always puts a smile on my face...Congrats on being published..I always love to see your projects in the magazine..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ww - sounds like you had a great week!
    Love this cute bag, great theme for a young lad...love the bright colours :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome gift bag, Jocelyn -- no surprise Paper Crafts picked it up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Apparently I didn't scour the issue hard enough!!! Love this adorable creation! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I spotted my page buddy project here! Your gift bag is absolutely DARLING! So glad to see your posting, Jocelyn!

    ReplyDelete
  7. CONGRATS on getting published Jocelyn! Such a happy and fun project!!! The number countdown is so clever! I look forward to seeing more of your projects soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was super stoked to see this cutie in the magazine :) I love it! And procrastinating...I think maybe I need to identify that as my religion? Totally unable to give it up :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I remember doing a little whoop when I saw this in the magazine! It's so darn cute - worth every step of the process. You go girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on your publication, I can see in every way how they loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is fabulous, Jocelyn! I was disappointed to see it in the online version but it definitely caught my eye!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on your publication! Saw it in the mag and loved it!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. he is so darn cute jocelyn! love that bag!

    hope things settle down for you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome little bag Jocelyn! It is adorable! Congrats on your publication!

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOOOOOOOOVE! I love the papers and I LOVE that astronaut! SO fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments!

Blog Design by Caked Designs