Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Great Love

Hi everyone!

It's the end of May and the end of my guest spot at i {heart} papers. :(  I wanted to share one last card using supplies from the store.

I wanted to use this awesome sentiment from My Favorite Things:

Great Love


I stamped the Be Your Best Self sentiment and colored it with Copics. It took a steady hand for some of those tiny areas. ;) The color inspiration came from the new My Mind's Eye Asbury Heights papers.

Here's a close-up of the sentiment:

Great Love


The tiny heart comes from the Red and Goldie dies. I layered some of the Asbury Heights papers and a layer of tissue, and I added some mist on top.

In the other corner, I stitched a mix of sequins at the top. I messed up on the stitching, which was pretty frustrating. But, rather than remaking the card, I added an enamel dot and just decided to go with the wonky sequins. ;)

Here's a close-up:

Great Love


I wanted to give a big thanks to Kate and Tracy at IHP for having me as a guest these past two months!

Thanks for stopping by. Have a great day!


Supplies
Cardstock: (white) PTI
Patterned paper: (Asbury Heights) My Mind's Eye
Stamps: (Be Your Best Self) My Favorite Things
Ink: (Tuxedo Black) Tsukineko; (Dewey, Opaque White Mr. Huey's) Studio Calico
Copics
Embellishments: (blush, mint sequins) Studio Calico; (coral sequin) craft supply; (clear sequin) Neat and Tangled
Die: (heart from Red and Goldie) Avery Elle

10 comments:

  1. Wow, I love the saying and the card is so light and happy. The stitching detail is AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this...awesome sequin action.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such beautiful layers with a perfect sentiment! LOVE this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this quote and the shading with which you colored the big words, so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is absolutely fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think wonky sequins are just right with the whimsical font of the sentiment! And I really like the hint of tissue paper sticking out from the beautiful paper layers. Such pretty colours, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet card! I love the colors here and the layering under the sentiment. So happy to have had you as our guest these last two months!! Would you mind throwing this up on our FB page when you get a sec? Thanks Jocelyn!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have GOT to start stitching sequins!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments!

Blog Design by Caked Designs