Friday, May 16, 2014

Yee Haw

Hi everyone! We finished school yesterday--woo hoo! Of course, I still have work, but I'm looking forward to the slower pace (and warmer weather!) of summer.

I'm on the Paper Smooches blog again today with Ashley. I'm sharing a project with the Southwestern Charm set.

I went a little wacky with this card, but I thought it would work for a congratulations card:

Let's Fiesta

I think picking out the different papers was the hardest part! I stamped the cactus from the Southwestern Charm set on Lemon Lush paper. I had to add the rosy cheeks--hee hee. The "Let's fiesta" is also from the Southwestern Charm set. The "Yee haw" is from the Buckaroo set. I stamped it on a Word Bubbles die-cut and stamped the He Said, She Said around the Word Bubbles border.

For some reason, I thought of having the cactus drinking a margarita. I'm a traditional, on-the-rocks-with-salt margarita fan, but the light green didn't work with the cactus. I decided he would be drinking a frozen strawberry margarita. You know, the decisions we make as crafters. ;) I stamped the drink from Free Spirits and fussy cut around the drink. Here's a close-up:


Let's Fiesta

I did have to add a little "salt" glitter around the edge of the glass. LOL! I layered some Studio Calico Copper Mountain journaling cards and Wanderlust papers.

If you get a chance, check out the post on the Paper Smooches blog.

Have a great weekend! Thanks so much for stopping by!


Supplies
Cardstock: (white) PTI
Clear stamps: (Southwestern Charm, Buckaroo, He Said, She Said, Free Spirits) Paper Smooches
Ink: (Strawberry) Fresh Ink; (Tuxedo Black) Tsukineko
Papers: (arrows from Wanderlust; polka dot and green dot from Lemon Lush; woodgrain and stripe from Copper Mountain Project Life kit) Studio Calico
Dies: (Word Bubbles dies) Paper Smooches
Embellishments: (clip from Copper Mountain PL kit) Studio Calico; (coarse glitter) Martha Stewart


10 comments:

  1. It's adorable! Love the little clip and the salt on the margarita glass! Love the papers/cards too, especially that woodgrain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just pure cuteness Jocelyn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sooooo fun and making me thirsty for a blended margarita! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wouldn't call it wacky, I'd call it fun! Great paper layering (no surprise) and the strawberry margarita was a good call -- for the cactus, at least. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yee Haw is right, super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super adorable card, love it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hee hee, oh I just ADORE this sweet card, Jocelyn!! Love the "salt" on the margarita, so cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments!

Blog Design by Caked Designs