Monday, July 28, 2014

You Are Wonderful

Hi everyone! I hope you're having a good Monday. :)

I'm catching up with some Paper Smooches cards. These cards are made using the stamps and dies from the July release, but there also will be a small release August 1st. Be sure to check out the Paper Smooches blog later this week to see the previews.

First up, I made a very summery card:

You Are Wonderful

I used the Kudos Words dies for the sentiment...aren't those dies cool? The cute sun is from the Spectrum set. I stamped the sun and face on vellum and added in some rosy cheeks. I layered papers from a Studio Calico kit. I fussy cut the "hello sunshine" from one of the Bluegrass Farm journaling cards to complete the sentiment.

Here's a close-up:

You-Are-Wonderful-J.-Olson FCU-


Next up, I made a more fall-ish card:

I Am Grateful

I used the gorgeous Blossoming Buds set for this card. I stamped the flowers, watercolored them with Distress Inks, and then fussy cut them. Paper Smooches will be releasing matching dies for the flowers--woo hoo! I stamped the sentiments from the set and added a few flicks of spray mists.

Here's a close-up:

I Am Grateful

Thanks for stopping by! Have a great day!


Supplies
You Are Wonderful
Stamps: (sun, face from Spectrum) Paper Smooches
Dies: (Kudos Words) Paper Smooches
Cardstock: (white, vellum) PTI
Patterned paper: (Bluegrass Farm paper pad, Project Life kit) Studio Calico
Inks: (yellow Brilliance, Graphite Black Brilliance) Tsukineko

I Am Grateful
Stamps: (flowers, sentiment from Blossoming Buds) Paper Smooches
Inks: (Versafine Red, Tuxedo Black) Tsukineko; (Distress Markers, Distress Inks) Ranger
Cardstock: (Distress Watercolor paper) Ranger; (Tangy Orange) Stamp School
Silhouette America


12 comments:

  1. I love these both! That first one is just such a happy card, love the hello sunshine sentiment on the paper that peeks up and I LOVE the second card, gorgeous coloring on those flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your first card so perfectly captures the essence of summer -- I love it! And of course your colouring on the second one puts my initial attempts with this set to shame. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your happy cards and style, Jocelyn... did I ever tell you that? :). Those flowers on your circle shaped card are amazing. Love that stamp set!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Love your use of color on both of these!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are both so bright & cheery! I just LOVE that little sun face :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. love your happy card :) all the layers peeking through is awesome gonna have to try this technique!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been thinking of autumn already and these colors would be great not only for summer but for autumn too! So versatile, love it! ♥

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments!

Blog Design by Caked Designs