Over on the Glitz blog, the digital team is sharing projects with the Uncharted Waters collection. I decided to try something I've been wanting to do for a long time--use digis on fabric. Hmmm...did it work? I think so, but it took a few test runs.
I made a treat bag with a tag. I was thinking of a birthday party favor bag:
I used the full Uncharted Waters digital collection on these two projects, although I did want to mention that the Paper Pack 2 and the Element Pack 2 are part of the One Buck Wednesday deals at Jessica Sprague. Score!
First up is the treat bag:
Here's how I made it:
- In Photoshop, clip patterned paper to the anchor element (Control+G). Resize the paper to get the gradient.
- Resize banners from the Element Pack 1.
- Print entire image on ink jet transfer (heat-set) paper. Trim into a rectangle and press the image with an iron onto a bag.
- Burn finger touching back side of heat-set paper because I'm anxious to see what it looks like.
- Remove paper. Decide the waxy look on the bag from the excess heat-set paper is like the cheesy iron-ons in the early 1980s.
- Import the image into my Silhouette program. Trace anchor and banners.
- For the first time ever, use the Off-Set tool to expand the cutting area. Fiddle with it. Fiddle more.
- Print images onto heat-set paper.
- Die-cut on Silhouette. Realize that the machine is cutting into the image.
- Print image one more time.
- Fussy cut images with 1/4" borders.
- Realize I only had to follow steps 1-2 and 11-13. :)
I love how the transfer worked, and I'm going to have to make a larger bag for the pool this summer.
I figured the bag needed a tag, so I whipped up one:
There are actually two tags here--one is woodrain that I didn't roll all the way through my Cuttlebug (to keep it longer), and the blue tag on top. I used the new Paper Smooches Tag Stitched Die--love it!
For the image, I added the banners to the journaling card and typed the "Thank you for" so it would make sense for a birthday party. ;) I layered the card over muslin and an anchor paper from the Paper Pack 1.
If you want to see the other projects with the same digital collection, check out the Glitz blog.
Thanks for stopping by! Have a great day.
Paper: (Premium Matte Photo Paper) OfficeMax
Digital elements (blue paper from Uncharted Waters paper pack 2; yellow anchor from Uncharted Waters paper pack 1; "the perfect day," anchor from Uncharted Waters element pack 2; banners from Uncharted Waters element pack 1) Glitz Design at Jessica Sprague
Die: (Tag Stitched Die) Paper Smooches
Twine: (Red solid) Divine Twine
Other: (muslin bag) Paper Source; (wood ATC) Impress; (inket heat transfer paper) Hobby Lobby